Ask A Question
Ask your question by entering it here, or choose from the list of frequently asked questions below:
Which products fall under the WEEE Directive and how do I recognise them?
The WEEE Directive divides Electronic and Electrical Equipment into ten categories:
- Category 1 - Large household appliances (fridges, cookers, microwaves, washing machines, etc.)
- Category 2 - Small household appliances (vacuum cleaners, clocks, toasters, etc.)
- Category 3 - IT and Telecommunications equipment (PCs, mainframes, printers, copiers, phones, etc.)
- Category 4 - Consumer equipment (radios, hi-fi, musical instruments, videos, camcorders, etc.)
- Category 5 - Lighting equipment (fluorescent tubes and holders, sodium lamps, etc.)
- Category 6 - Electrical and electronic tools (drills, sewing machines, electric lawnmowers, etc.)
- Category 7 - Toys, leisure and sports equipment (electric trains, games consoles, exercise machines, etc.)
- Category 8 - Medical devices (analysers, dialysis machines, medical freezers, etc.)
- Category 9 - Monitoring and control equipment (smoke detectors, thermostats, scales, etc.)
- Category 10 - Automatic dispensers (hot drinks machines, sweet and chocolate bar dispensers, cash machines, etc.)
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com.
- How do I recycle my old products?
- Are all products available for world-wide shipping?
- How do I clean my styler?
- I am having a problem verifying/registering my styler.
- Recycle your batteries and help our environment?